Here are just a few advantages in buying a Yoder Pellet Grill.
* Made in the USA
- All Yoder Y Series Pellet Grills are fully manufactured in Kansas in the USA by boilermakers. When you buy Yoder, you are buying the Genuine article that's still made in America.
- Like no other BBQ in Australia. The defining difference between a Yoder Pellet Grill and all other brands is "Cooking Versatility", Yoder didn't invent the wood fired Pellet Cooker, but they have perfected it, making it the only true Pellet Grill currently imported into Australia and ensuring the most versatile cooking capability of any BBQ. A Yoder Pellet Grill can finally replace the wide array of specialized BBQ's cluttering many back yards and more importantly you will be amazed at the results of your long time favourites and of course all of the new possibilities with a wood fired Yoder. Yoder Smokers are leaders in the well-established professional and home BBQ market in the US. They combine leading technology with handmade build quality and performance in a class of their own and are guaranteed to stir BBQ envy everywhere. Indirect & Direct Flame Grill, Roast, Bake, Slow Smoke on a Yoder & taste the difference.
* Available only from Yoder Specialist Dealers
- Yoder Y Series Pellet Grills are available only from Yoder Specialist Dealers within Australia. This means that the Dealer that you purchased your Yoder from has the know-how & the expertise to carry out any Warranty work that may be required. As the importer for Yoder into Australia, we pride ourselves on the best aftersales service & we don't think its acceptable to be posted parts which you have to fit yourself should you have a problem. Also, all Yoder Dealers only supply their state with Yoder Y Series Pellet Grills to ensure professional personal attention should the need ever arise as they are local & not thousands of KMS away. On top of all that, as the importer of Yoder I am available 7 days for advise & assistance.
Yoder Specialist Dealers: http://www.aussiepitmasters.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=116
* No Assembly Necessary
- Due to the heavy duty build, all Yoder Y Series Pellet Grills come fully assembled, so there is no need to go & get ( or worse still, buy ) tools to assemble your cooker, just fill the hopper box with pellets, plug the lead into the power, turn it on & you are away & cooking, nothing could be easier. Yoder Y Series Pellet Grills arrive fully strapped to a timber pallet.
* Build Quality
- Yoder Pellet grills are designed by cooks for cooks. Hand welded & built in Kansas USA by boiler makers, ( not sheet metal workers ) ensuring quality & many years of cooking, one look & you can see the difference that set Yoder Y Series Pellet Grills apart from all the others. Also because of the build quality & heavy duty construction they can be used by Chefs in commercial kitchens & restaurants. Restaurants like Jack Ruby in Adelaide, Crumb Street Kitchen in Hobart and Berties Butcher in Melbourne are already cooking on Yoder Y Series Pellet Grills.
* Body thickness
- Body thickness of the Yoder Pellet grills is a huge advantage with a body made from 10 Gauge ( 3.5mm thick ) to 3/16" ( 4.76mm thick ) steel. Outside ambient air temperatures & breeze have an effect on the operating temperature of all BBQs and a with the thicker steel body of the Yoder Y series, makes temperature consistency much easier than BBQs with a body made of thinner steel. The ash that is produced from burning the pellets is extremely corrosive & if left in your BBQ over time it will rust it out.
* Best In Industry Warranty
- Yoder Y Series Pellet Grills have a 10 year on the body & 3 years on the electronics & one year on the Igniter & Thermocouple warranty. As the Importer, we are carrying every spare part you could think of here in Australia as well as programmers for re-programming the electronic controllers. If you buy a Yoder then you have purchased the very best Pellet Grill made and we back them up with the very best back up service in Australia, bar none! Just speak to any Yoder owner and enjoy your cooking with your mind at ease.
* Electronic Controller with real smarts
- Yoder Pellet grills digital controller adjusts its pellet supply automatically & will allow for outside temperature being cold with 3 different modes: H1 for normal conditions, H2 for cold conditions & H3 for very cold conditions. At the press of a button you can change the cooker manually into H1 , H2 or H3.
* Fully upgradable software
- No cook is left behind with fully upgradable Electronic Controllers to the very latest version.
* Temperature Range
- With a fully adjustable temperature range of between 65C - 300+C ( 150F - 600F ) the Yoder Y series pellet cookers give you massive choice of temperatures to cook at and added flexibility of higher temperature.
* Easily switchable between Celsius and Fahrenheit
- Yoder gives you the choice to cook in whichever you like, either Celsius or Fahrenheit and to change from one to the other is just a press of a button. Again Yoder gives you more flexibility with your preferred cooking format & saves you from painful & constant manual conversion.
* Auger Length & Diameter
- Yoder Y series have a shorter length, larger diameter stainless steel Auger which allows the operator to make temperature control changes much faster & without blockages like the longer augers in other Pellet Grills.
* Larger Firebox
- Lift the stainless steel burn grate from any Yoder Y series Pellet Grill & you can see the thickness of the steel. One of the advantages with this design is that it makes for super easy cleaning & the size of the firebox is large enough for a good sized fire to flame to cook for all your friends & family at the same time.
* Use any brand of Pellets
- Feel free to use whatever brand of Pellet Fuel you like in any of the Yoder Y Series Pellet Grill without
voiding your Warrantee.
* Environmentally Responsible
– We recommend "BBQr’s Delight"
Pellets for your YS pellet grill. These food-grade pellets are 100% wood & contain no flavour oils or chemicals
. BBQr’s Delight pellets have a 99% burn rate leaving less ash for you to clean out. Lower Carbon footprint & less emissions using recycled natural wood makes for much tastier & healthier food.
* Heavy Duty
- Yoder Y series Pellet Grills are built heavier than any other brand.
- YS480 on standard cart weighs 120kgs
- YS640 on standard cart weighs 155kgs
- YS640 on competition cart weighs 218kgs
- YS1500 on Competition Cart weighs 300kgs
* Ease of use
- No complicated start up procedure, just turn your grill on, press Start & set your temperature. Also, no complicated shut down procedure, just press the off switch & let the superior technology of the Yoder's Y series control panel do the rest, nothing could be easier.
* Direct & Indirect Cooking
- The Yoder Y series Pellet Grills have versatility like no other pellet cooker on the market! Yoder Y Series pellet grills offer three unique setups depending on the style of cooking that you want to do. The first is the traditional pellet grill setup, which has the heat diffuser in place, this is the ideal setup for smoking, Slow Cooking, Roasting and baking. In this setup the air and smoke travel through the length of the cooking, similar to an offset wood pit, imparting excellent colour, flavour and texture into the food. The second is to leave the diffuser plate in & install Grill Grates over for gentle grilling, this creates and ideal grilling environment for wings, chicken breast and other meats that benefit from slightly less direct heat. The third setup is to remove the diffuser & install the Grill Grates for direct grilling, which is perfect for cooking burgers, steaks, sausages, thick chops and similar cuts of meat. - see images below of what Ive cooked on my Yoder YS Pellet Cooker.
- Taste the food of any YS pellet grill and you will be impressed by the flavour, as will your family & friends.
* Direct Grilling
- Its simple, remove the standard grate and the diffusor plate, and install the direct Grill Grates. Be prepared to be amazed by the sizzle that pops off the surface of these Pellet Grills. Yoder Y Series develop a fire easily large enough to grill for all your friends & family at the same time & not just 2 steaks at a time.
* Indirect Grilling
- With the cooker setup direct, you have an outstanding indirect grilling surface opposite the firebox. You get the sear marks without the direct heat for entrees like fish or sides like veggie kabobs. The added versatility of a YS Pellet Grill will let you move all of your cooking outside.
- With the heat diffusor installed, simply turn your pit temperature down and make easy work out of ribs, pork & lamb shoulders & brisket every time. The YS pellet grills will have you turning out blue ribbon BBQ in no time.
- Seriously, anything you can bake in your oven will be better on your Yoder. Chocolate pudding, cakes & other deserts. The Yoder Y series pellet grill will make light work out of all your cooking requirements.
* Australian Electrical & Safety Compliance & C-Tick Certification
- Fully Compliant to the following standards that are all required by Australian law:AS/NZS 60335.2.102
- Household and similar appliances - SafetyPart 2. 102
- Particular requirements for gas, oil and solid-fuel burning appliances having electrical connectionsC-Tick Certification - AS/NZS CISPR 14.1: 2010
- Electromagnetic compatibility – Requirements for household appliances, electric tools and similar apparatus.
Yoder models approved are YS480 , YS640 and YS1500 & are fully converted to Australian 240V. As required by Australian law, all Yoder Pellet Grills will come with a compliance sticker.Please note:
Some importers never test in Australia and just rely upon their manufacturer overseas.
To review technical documentation to verify if the applicable standards are met, such as highlighted in the ACMA help: http://www.acma.gov.au/Industry/Suppliers/Equipment-regulation/Radiocommunications-devices/devices-labelled-with-overseas-markings-fact-sheet
Some importers also abuse the European Compliance mark (CE)
Check here for explanation of "When is CE not CE as marked on some appliances" http://www.emcbayswater.com.au/pdf/When_is_CE_not_CE.pdf
Here is some further discussion: http://www.aussiebbq.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13556
Some interesting posts here also: http://www.aussiepitmasters.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=704&start=20#p11907
The underneath of all Yoder YS hopper boxes are completely filled in, this is mandatory to comply with our strict Australian Laws. In one of the Australian Compliance tests, high pressure water is sprayed 360 degrees around the hopper box & any exposed wires would short out in a micro second.
Yoder didn't invent the Pellet Grill, but they have perfected it! Whether you are cooking in your backyard for family and friends, competing in BBQ Competitions or running a restaurant, there is a Yoder Y Series Pellet Grill that is right for you. Take a look at one in any of the growing BBQ retail stores across Australia & decide for your self Yoder YS640 Competition Cart cooking while snowing in the US.Pricing:
For pricing please contact the Yoder retailer in your area: http://www.aussiepitmasters.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=116
If you do not live in one of these states, please email me for pricing [email protected]
If you have any questions, please PM or email me.
Cheers, DaveGrill Pro Australia remains committed to sourcing the highest quality Grills, Smokers & a full range of complementary products to take Australian Barbecue to new levels.