Aussie Pitmasters Forum

Australias Best BBQ Forum
It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:24 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:12 pm 

Showed our faces and would have loved the chance for a chat with Beaver and Dave (did get to say Hi), but the weather conspired to make them move the area indoors (lucky the Yoders didn't blow away - that's how windy it was)

You guys were clearly making the best of the situation and working your arses off to keep running so didn't push the meet and greet.

Hope tomorrow works out smoother and you get a chance to relax.

Pulled pork was awesome, as was Azzzzzas? ribs - hope you get the do the hanging beef tomorrow.

Made me realise that I can cook a big batch (even if it's just me eating) and save the rest for later.

I got my Tatonka Dust and can't wait to try it out (swapped a bit of mine for some of Az's Mad Hunkey's Chicken rub and gave him some Bone Dust I had on the shelf) - got 3 rubs to try on 3 different meats :)

As good as the BBQ meat was though (and the booze) - highlight of the day was definitely the Green Fairy at the Absinthe stand.

I really, really hope she stays for the after party and tries some pulled pork.

Last edited by raband on Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:01 pm 

I thought the green fairy would be more into beef.... What a great day out today!

Sent from my GT-I9305T

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:48 pm 

Another great event!

My God I cannot wait for the weather to turn here.. as likely you folk can't either :lol:

Those butts look great Dave... impressive!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:15 pm 
GrillPro / Yoder

Wow, what an impressive show this was. ( I've already put my hand up for next year )

Friday & Saturday Tony from BBQs Plus helped me bump in & set up.

We collected the Frontiersman Offset Smokerfrom Booths Transport.

Here are some photos of the show

The Absinth "Green Fairy" - a fabulous drink.

"Buffalo Trace" Bourbon from the USA, nice!

Here is a couple of photos courtesy of Beaver

Beaver & Santo with their new found friend 8-)

Getting some ribs on, coated in Mad Hunky GP Rub

All in all a great couple of days.

I have to say a massive thanks to a couple of guys, without their help I would have so struggled.

Firstly to Tony from BBQs Plus who truly understands BBQ & is 100% behind the great brands that we have started to import from the US for his fantastic help running around, & helping me set up ( which took pretty much 2 days )

and secondly to Beaver, who turned up on both the Sunday & the Monday ( took a leave day ) at 6am both days to prep & cook all the ribs. To say the boy is a cooking machine is a total understatement & Darren & I both truly appreciate your help & support.

Until the next event.

Cheers, Dave

https://www.facebook.com/GrillProAU

Last edited by Grill Pro Australia on Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:13 pm 

How much of a success was the rest of the show. If you took away the cooking part, were the people who went there for the beverage side of it all happy with what was displayed???

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:20 pm 

The beverage side of things was outstanding!

I could barely walk after my first 15 or so samplings....the vendors were very generous in insisting we tasted every variation of what drinks they had to offer :)

Also I was surprised at the sheer volume of drinks to try. I'm guessing there was over 70 exhibitors, and most had 2-5 variations or drink products to sample...well worth it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:53 pm 

I just noticed how tiny those pellet cookers look in the background with the frontiersman. :D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:59 pm 
Site Admin

the saturday night......well lets just say beaver had to sample as much as he could.
i was very fond of the tequila by the end of the night :)
great stuff that!

although monday morning....well up at 3 am drinking as much water as possible for 2 hours so i could go get my Q on!

- 3rd Lamb
KCBS Melbourne 2016 - 7th/17 Outright
- 2nd Chicken

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3