Aussie Pitmasters Forum

Australias Best BBQ Forum
It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:40 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 8:03 pm 

It's on again. I have decided to open the entries a little further this time around as well as make the event larger in general. There has been too many positive comments to move from the 'backyard' scenario for now. I will hold this as the last 'backyard' type event for the year with the ambition to move more public once we have secured more supporters. Please note that there is an entry donation for this round to help with the large costs involved. Additionally, i will be adding a runner up for each category, offering larger prizes and again offering refreshments throughout the day.

Where: Event venue will be given to those who are interested only. Is located on the Southside of Brisbane
When: Saturday, 27th September, 2014
Cost $50 per team of 4.This will include more prizes, a runner up award and light refreshments throughout the day.

**PLEASE NOTE** This event is strictly limited to 7 teams. First in, first served.

Cuts involved:
Chicken
Pork Spare Ribs
Tri Tip
Complete meat packs for this competition can be purchased from our sponsor, listed below.

Schedule:
7:00am - arrive at venue
7:30am - Setup
8:30am - Briefing
9:00am - Begin

Hand In Times:
2:00pm - Chicken
3:00pm - Tri Tip
4:00pm - Ribs

Hand in Rules:
  • Hand-In to judges within 5 minutes of the time window for each category, with no exceptions.
  • Produce must be cooked from raw, on site and wholly within the competition window times.
  • All servings (6) must be served in the official competition official serving tray, that will be supplied to you at the briefing.
  • Garnishes are allowed for the presentation scores, but will not be tasted.
  • Sauces are allowed but must be served on the meat and not in separate containers. Sauces in containers will not be judged.
  • Teams must present Six (6) servings per category to be eligible for Judging. Meat may be chopped, sliced, pulled, diced or served in any other way.
  • Multiple cuts of the protein are allowed, as long as there are six (6) total servings.
  • All six (6) servings must fit inside the closed official serving tray.
  • All teams must present a dish in every category to be in the running for the ‘Inaugural Australian Pitmaster Titles Backyard Champion’

Judges & Judging
A panel of judges will judge each category based on the following
  • Presentation /10
  • Texture /10
  • Taste /30
An overall score out of 50 will be awarded based on the average score of six (6) judges. All awarded scores in each category to will be added to award the overall ‘Inaugural Australian Pitmaster Titles Backyard Champion’. All judges will be selected by the event director.

Cooking methods allowed
Hooded Grills, Smoker or smoker trailer, Kettle BBQ, BBQ grill, Rotisserie Grill, Spit Roasters and Kamado BBQ’s. Other methods will need to be approved by the Event Director before the event.

Cooking fuels allowed
Wood, Gas, Pellets, Charcoal, Electric, fire starters and Lighter fluids. Other methods will need to be approved by the Event Director before the event.

A more detailed food handling guide will be issued to competitors once a competitors list is obtained.

There will be prizes and ribbons awarded for first AND RUNNER UP in each category and an overall grand champ. Team spots are strictly limited to a maximum of 4 per team with a maximum of 7 teams. Entries will be taken on a first in, first served basis. Entries can be completed directly at http://auspitmastertitles.com.au/backya ... gust-2014/

I would also like to sincerely thank our sponsors so far for their valued contribution. Without their help, this would not be possible.
  • Zefring Services
  • Bella BBQ
  • That BBQ Joint
  • Picklehead Pickles

To enter, you must complete the form and the $50 payment here - http://auspitmastertitles.com.au/backya ... gust-2014/

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:43 pm 

To keep everyone in the loop and for those unable to make it because of round of the Australasian BBQ Alliance events, we have had to reschedule this event for Saturday, the 27th of Sept. Here's hoping those that couldnt make it for this reason can now do so. We will be debuting our new pit at this event as well...... :D

Steve

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:09 pm 
Site Admin

moved into brisvegas area :)

- 3rd Lamb
KCBS Melbourne 2016 - 7th/17 Outright
- 2nd Chicken

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:58 am 

We are pleased to announce a new venue for this competition (yes, it's larger) and in a public place. This means a slight date change to the Sunday (the 28th of Sept) and the ability to now hold more competitors. Lets get on board and support this event so we are able to hold more!

Please PM me for more info/entry details.

Steve

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:23 pm 
Site Admin

Nice work
When you going to have one large enough to be an aba event?

- 3rd Lamb
KCBS Melbourne 2016 - 7th/17 Outright
- 2nd Chicken

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:28 pm 

When we can manage more than 5 teams to one :lol:

Steve

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:11 pm 

Steve can I steal yoru rules please?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:22 pm 

Be great to see a ABA barbecue comp in Brisbane

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:29 pm 

Spewing I just saw this, I've just taken delivery of my Radar hill offset.....
but i am working on that weekend....

Count me in for the next one.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:32 pm 

Where in brisbane will this be happening ??